Thursday, June 16, 2011

Challenged Based Learning

This week I have come across a fantastic Apple initiative called Challenge Based Learning.They have engaged educators to develop  a series of "challenged based learning activities" that provide an authentic learning process that incorporate  new technologies to provide opportunities to learn.The challenges can be used or modified by teachers around the world.
The first challenges to have been developed are under the Big Ideas of Indentity and Sustainability. One of the challenges is called "Individual Identiy " with the essential question being"Who am I and who do I want to be?" I immediately thought this is relevent to our Year 10's Personal profile task that they do during  the end of the year rollover.The guiding questions and suggested activites on offer could certainly help develop our existing unit of work.
I also liked the  "Resources challenge" that had the essential question: "What is your school's paper footprint?" That one I'm sure would provide us with a few shocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment